Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Love for the Heirloom Tomato


If you were to watch me during the day, every once in a while you would see me stop suddenly and hold my body very still. A smile would glide across my face. I would wait: feeling, searching, wondering. And the moment would pass as I return to my task. You would be witnessing my reaction to feeling the tiny being inside of me knocking at the inner parts of my tummy. Each time I feel it I'm amazed that there is a baby in there. It does not happen too frequently yet, so whenever it does I am left yearning for more. This morning as the baby let me know three times in a row that he/she was awake I felt the elation that comes with its tapping. And I realized I am falling in love.

I am 19 weeks pregnant; one more week and I will be halfway to meeting my first child. Right now the baby is the size of an heirloom tomato - six inches long, 8.5 ounces. Oh, how I cannot wait to hold my little tomato!

1 comment:

  1. you guys are going to have the cuttest tomato on the block! miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete