Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pine Tree Deletrius!!

It's not that I despise all pine trees, but the tree behind our house was HIDEOUS. It was also rotting at the base. Not cool.



And as you can see, it was also enormous. Last fall, we decided it had to go.



After much deliberation over whether or not we should hire someone to do it (Chris' argument: I'll save money by doing it myself; Meagan's argument: let's hire someone because I want you to be alive) we were extremely blessed with a great compromise. The guy who originally gave us the bid started his own business and for the price of a professional chain saw he felled our tree for us. He was an awesome climber!



Chris was able to save money and I was able to keep my husband alive. After the tree was felled it was ours to haul away.


Needless to say, Chris got really clever with an axe. And with some help from our neighbor, Brian, he succeeded in cutting up the entire tree.


But that left us with the problem of the stump. It was a big stump.


And it made for a great looking volcano in our backyard.


After burning it, digging it out, hacking it, and tugging it out with our 4-Runner and a friend's truck...


Chris conquered the beast...in only 8 short months!

2 comments:

  1. I hate all pine trees! Yard is looking' good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE pine trees. You ma'am.... are a murderer.

    ReplyDelete