Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Kitchen Table

Chris and I like nice things just as much as the next guy.  However, one can often hear us say, "I'm not going to pay that much for that when I could make it myself for much cheaper."  Chris felt this way about kitchen tables...so we've been eating off a wobbly card table for over a year.


About a month ago, we were cleaning out our back garage when Chris noticed that the filthy shelf against the wall was actually made with some decent wood. (disclaimer: our garage is much cleaner than this - with paint on the walls over the grafiti - this is just the only picture I had of the shelves; they were a diamond in the rough)



 Perfect.  Because while we like inexpensive, we love free.  So he set to work.


For legs, he used the wood that he took off the old deck.  And once again, Chris' creative genius has paid off in a beautiful, yet practical way. Those old shelves became this:
                                    




Let's hope it's not another year before we get some good chairs.  Because yes, Audrey sits on a plastic outdoor chair.  I'd like to think we aren't cheap, we're just patient.  Glad we waited for an awesome table!

1 comment:

  1. If I had a book that I wrote great quotes in I would include, "I'd like to think we aren't cheap, we're just patient." I love it! It makes me think of my car, especially the door handles which are still functioning thanks to dowel rods, twine, duct tape, and even a ring from an old shower curtain. On an unrelated note, Chris, I see that the Dew still has a hold on you, let me know when you're ready to change, I can get you help. :)
    Great work on the table.

    ReplyDelete