Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Champions

Did I mention that my brother is a hockey star? I'm not the only one who thinks so - he was awarded MVP of his last tournament and played beautifully against Fitchburg State College last Saturday. We had so much fun at the game. We went into overtime, which really rattled our nerves. But it didn't take long for Salem State to sink one and the crowd went wild. It was a high like I hadn't felt in a while.

My mom's talent: whistling. It means two things: "time to come home"; and "I think you're awesome". It meant the latter this weekend.

For some really weird reason, whenever Fitchburg State scores a goal the fans throw fish out onto the ice. I know, gross and totally inappropriate. So this time, Amanda brought this Got Fish sign and when we scored she held it up high. When we scored the winning point, she threw it out onto the ice. She's awesome.

We are oh so totally proud of Damen! Going out as the number one team is such an awesome way to end his college hockey career. Go Salem!!

If you want to read about him, go here:


http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/alliebrownie/129copy.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Let me first say the hockey thing is pretty cool...seriously. But what I really wanted to comment on was your homemade decor. I think it is really awesome. Although, I'm not surprised at all; I saw Chris' ingenuity multiple times in action on the mission. Like when he modified his backpack into a hiking grade backpack/base jumping bag. And the other time when he built a helicopter out of a paper clip and some toothpaste. Or wait... was that MacGyver? Seriously though, keep it up!
    -Dustin P.

    ReplyDelete