Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Boy Named Chen

Sometime in the near future, Chris and I will need to own a more economical vehicle. Since we loved our red Jetta and our Elantra hatchback (two of the cars we owned in Rexburg) we were excited to go check out a red Elantra a couple of weeks ago. I pulled out our GPS to figure out where we were going when Chris tells me, "I think he said 'Christian St' but I'm not really sure because he had a really thick Asian accent." Well, Christian St. did not exist in Worcester. So Chris calls Chen to ask for his address once again. Kristin Street. Nope, I tell him, there's no such thing. So he asks for the spelling and I hear Chris repeating the letters back to him. C-R-I-S-T-O-N. Criston Street. Sounds weird, but okay. What does the GPS say? Negative; no Criston Street. Finally, we get Chen to give us directions. As we turn onto his street we glance up at the small green sign. Ah, yes. Clifton Street. It all made sense.

Well, the car smelled like smoke, so although Chen was very kind we had to decline. But to make our trip worth it, I took a picture next to Freud at Clark University. After attending this school for two years I was always sad that I never took a picture with the statue of which the Psychology students were so proud. Since we were close by, we took some time to walk the campus and reminisce about the place I lived when we first met. So there you have it, a Freud picture and a good story. Sounds like a great Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment