Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Road to Hana

On Wednesday we took the Road to Hana. The town of Hana is beautiful, but the road getting there is AMAZING. Tiny roads cut into the landscape winding you through trees, waterfalls, and great views of the coastline.



That afternoon we went for a hike. There was a section of the hike that took you through towering bamboo.



At our destination, Waimoku Falls, we were amazed at how long it was. The camera couldn't fit the entire thing.
Hiking back, we stopped to admire this tree.

That night we camped with Audrey for the first time.








I've always wanted to see a black sand beach. Goal accomplished.

We swam in a freshwater cave. I am standing in the water up to my waist in this picture. The water is that clear.

And that day Audrey decided (drumroll please) the ocean is fun!






1 comment:

  1. I miss LOST. a lot.
    oh...and I guess you guys too.

    P.S.-your bathingsuit reminds me of mom.

    ReplyDelete