Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Snorkeling and Hiking

Okay, so I don't actually have pictures of us snorkeling. But here is a picture of Audrey sleeping on the beach, which is the reason we were able to go snorkeling. I LOVED it. Scott and Tauna watched our sleeping beauty for us while we explored the coral and fish.

The following day we hiked inside Iao Valley.

Along the way we found a lot of fruit. One of Chris' favorite things about our trip is being able to pick fruit from anywhere and eat it. Here are a few of his favorites.

This is a strawberry guava. These are pretty good. The only problem is that there are small seeds in the center that you have to spit out.

This is a regular guava. Chris likes them a lot but they're too sour for me. Also, the problem with the seeds. I'm not a fan.


This is coffee. Chris likes to chew on the beans, but they taste bitter to me.

Each little round fruit has two beans inside.

These, of course, are bananas. We have been eating apple bananas the entire time we've been here. They are really yummy.

And then there's Chris' favorite. The coconut tree. Everywhere we go he looks for coconuts to open up, drink the water inside, and eat the meat. I'm not thrilled with the taste of the water but I really enjoyed the fresh nutty meat inside.

1 comment: