Saturday, October 16, 2010

Birthdays Are Soooooo Nice

What's one of the coolest animals you could spend your day with on your 25th birthday??

A penguin.

We spent the afternoon at the New England Aquarium in Boston.


I LOVE fish tanks. The beautiful colors, the strange looking creatures, the magical mysterious underwater world (I used to wish I was a mermaid).

My favorite was the turtle. He had an extremely huggable neck and arm area.


We found out at the end of the day that the penguins who were in a "relationship" with one another had matching arm bands. The penguins on this rock were all couples. They were perfectly content to stand still next to one another all day long. These penguins, and my pleasant day with Chris, made me think of a quote from the movie Big Fish:

"A man might travel his entire life and never find a place so inviting.
My journey had scarcely begun and I had arrived.
I can't imagine any place better than here."

2 comments:

  1. So cute about the penguin lovers. And to the turtle, all I have to say is he's very fleshy, definitely huggable :) Glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete