Monday, October 4, 2010

The Bump

When I first learned that I was pregnant, 18 weeks ago, I was ecstatic. Yes, I couldn't wait to become a mother. But there was another much more selfish reason: pregnant women are beautiful. I COULDN'T WAIT to begin growing that bump that lets the world know you're carrying a baby; the bump that says, "I'm tired, but strong. I'm scared, but ready. I'm irritable, but happy. I'm 25 pounds heavier than I was several months ago, and I've never looked more beautiful."
Okay, so my bump is far from looking like the bump I long for. But still, I think it's finally worthy of a picture on the blog.

3 comments:

  1. I love your little "baby bump". You certainly are gorgeous!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude. you have boobs. Did I just say that????

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha..first time in my life...did i mention that i was excited to be pregnant for that reason too??

    ReplyDelete